Monday, May 5, 2008

Mini-Lobster, Beware!




If you enjoy eating lobster like me, I am sharing a story told to me by Sister Rory Gonzales. It is about the mini lobsters popularly served in Manila restaurants. After reading the story, I felt sick kahit hindi ko pa siya kinakain. When I was in Manila last February 2008 I believe I’ve seen the mini lobster served in a restaurant but fortunately I did not try ordering. Here is the warning about the mini lobster:

“Do not eat mini lobsters. The mini crustaceans are literally the garbage cleaners in the sewage treatment plants. The dirtier the water, the fatter these mini lobsters become (Yuk!). Their lungs are full of worms and their flesh saturated with poisonous metals (More Yuk!). Unscrupulous merchants somehow found a way to get these mini lobsters marketed to eateries.”

Kadiri to death, di ba? Don’t get my word about the mini lobster. I have not verified the story. See the photos and you be the judge. The mini lobster plate looks delicious pero peligroso kung tutoo ang binalita ko sa inyo. If you are aware of any case about the mini lobster, please share the story with my readers.

No comments: